Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Old set parts down from the loft

Over last weekend I pulled some of the original set pieces down from the loft, all in all they had fared well over the years.
The table needs one of the legs gluing back also the small kettle handle needs a bit of remedial work doing (more gluing).
I placed a full size cutout of the main character in amongst the set pieces to try for size (looks good to me).

I will still need to do a bit of finalising to the decorating here and there.

Table, chair and props

Bedside cabinet

Bed with pillow and armatured duvet

Gas Cooker with eye level grill

Monday, 2 July 2012

Head & Shoulders

My first big test with sculpey 

On previous times using either fimo or sculpey (oven-bake-clay) it has been restricted to very minor small projects and what I had learnt from using the oven bake clay was that I would need a support structure for my head & shoulder sculpt.
I could have used a wire type armature under the sculpt but chose instead to used shaped pieces of styrofoam joined with cocktail sticks.

In the pictures below the sculpt is in 3 stages Armature, first sculpt with key marks (like a golf ball) and then the front & side finished views.
Note I used 10mm white sprayed beads.


First sculpt & bake

Last sculpt (front) finished & baked

Last sculpt (side) finished & baked

In my original drawing of the character I had him with a tuff of hair sticking up at the back of his head but after several trial attempts that all looked like some sort of flower on the back of his head, I came to the executive decision and ditched the tuff of hair.